Thursday, March 8, 2012

"Me Time" After work

I sometimes pop into a bar after a long day of work. Often I marvel at that wide range if people - mostly people who just finished working, from what I can tell, with ties, blue collars, construction boots, to backpacks. Don't they have families? I'm sure they do, as do I. If I can back the next day, would I find all the same people? I imagine only a few are nightly regulars. I am left thinking about what people do to unwind after work, if anything. Is unwinding even needed? I will go ahead and say YES, especially of you have a family or some other continued responsibilities once you get home! Now the bar is certainly not the go-to unwind strategy, not if you need something regularly, and not if you have a family. The point is thy we should all have a few different thugs to choose from that can help to take a little "me time" before transitioning from work to family. This prevents you from suffering as well as your family from suffering from your unhappiness. I'm only talking about a couple of minutes. I am interested in hearing how you all do this....a good radio show on the way home? ... A hot shower when you get home? Maybe you get your "me time" once everyone is in bed... Either way you're probably doing something and if not I challenge you to think of something that works for you and your family ( if you have one).

No comments:

Post a Comment